Miami has a recent growing trend in allowing foreign investment into its real estate market. What does this do to local say in local politics? The history of Florida and Miami politics enables the mind to run wild on such a question.
Evidence continuously mounts that Florida and Miami government has little interest in Florida and Miami public interest.
- The state governor that has a history of health insurance fraud and support for private insurer interests
- The state is top ranked in the nation for mortgage fraud
- Dade County government have a history of corruption and negligence of building codes
- Real estate values that exhibit bubble after bubble since the 20's
- Foreclosures are up...again
Some time ago I noticed a change in the legislative wording of Citizens Property Insurance Corp. I wording used to be
"It is the public purpose of this subsection to ensure the existence of an orderly market for property insurance for Floridians and Florida businesses"
Today, the wording is
The public purpose of this subsection is to ensure that there is an orderly market for property insurance for residents and businesses of this state.(emphasis mine)